Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Finished!





Finally wrapped up my MFA and final thesis review! Received really wonderful feedback from the review panel and it feels great to be finished up with this chapter of my life. My project included a body of concept art as well as pages of a graphic novel adapted from Robert Low's The Whale Road.

Many thanks to Robert and his editor at Harper Collins for letting me move forward with this project. Robert provided information and feedback all along the way, essentially having a final say on all imagery...and I am extremely grateful for his generous participation and support throughout.

I plan on creating a site dedicated to this project soon. Here is one of the concept paintings and the printed package materials (Sorry for the low-rez blurriness of the package pic.. snapped it with an ipad.).

6 comments:

Tim said...

Congrats!

Deena Edwards said...

congrats I had an informal review and my actual review is in May. congrats again and I look forward to seeing you post images of the thesis! What is on the horizon now?
Keep in touch.

Dennis Chan said...

whaaatttt!! this is way tooo good. Definitely a slap in the face. Good work good work. CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!

Chad Weatherford said...

Haha...thanks,Dennis. Appreciate the applause.

Chad Weatherford said...

Tim, Deena... thank you. I thought I had responded to your posts much earlier, but apparently not.
Deena...right I'm facing a few possibilities, but I'm not entirely sure which road will open up. I'll keep you posted. Good luck in May!

Mary Bramblett said...

The thesis project looks great! I do hope your site that is dedicated to this project is already up and running. Anyway, you really put a lot of idea on your thesis topic project. I do hope everything went well with your plan.